Update from Birnagar

I have been in Birnagar since the beginning of the month. I was hoping to give a regular Bhakti Sandarbha class, but that has not materialized and perhaps will not.




I was cleaning the room where I am staying and found these two photos from 1980 that seem to have been lost. They were ravaged by humidity and have been restored by a friend. The restoration could perhaps be done better for the second picture, but it was more damaged than the other, so the task was difficult.

I first met Sri Lalita Prasad Thakur in 1975, met him again in early 1978 and then several times in 1979 and 1980, staying for several weeks at a time. Then not long before Prabhu left the world, I went to Vrindavan, so I was actually in Govardhan when he ended his worldly pastime.

Harigopal Dasji was reminiscing yesterday in the car as we drove to an engagement in Dhatri Gram. Doctors wanted to give him cataract removal surgery when he was 94, and he refused because he did not want to take any injections. He said, "I have never take an injection in my life, I am not going to start now. Anyway, what do I have left to see in this world?"

Apparently Prabhu never took allopathic medicine in his entire life. He self-medicated with homeopathy. But on the very last day, when Prabhu was not responding to questions, in a state of samadhi, the doctor proposed an injection and asked the disciples, who agreed. But Prabhu remained unconscious until he let out a final gasp five hours later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Jagadananda Das,

Thank you for writing and sharing your photographs of Sri Lalita Prasad Thakur.

My person was wondering, if Sri Lalita Prasad Thakur could speak through you (in the form of a memory which has left its most profound lasting impression upon you), what would he say through you to help others?

Kind regards,

M.N.
Anonymous said…
Aloha. I writing an article about a group related to ISKCON and would love to ask you a few questions if you have the time. Thank you.

Christine
Jagadananda Das said…
M.N., he would say, "Chant the Holy Name." And "Be true to your Guru."

Christine, this is not the best place to communicate with me. Try my Facebook account or write to jankbrz at yahoo dot com.
Anonymous said…

Jagadananda Das said: M.N., he would say, "Chant the Holy Name." And "Be true to your Guru."

M.N. replied: Thank you for recounting the memory of Sri Lalita Prasad Thakur’s wise words. It is the same wisdom of the Kaula tradition; becoming lost in the continuous high pitched flute of the unstruck sound (the chant) of one's empty mind stilled in equipoise, and by becoming a true reflection of the Guru (the light which dispels all darkness) by crossing over the threshold of life and death (in the vehicle of the conscious light body) where truth is found.

Popular posts from this blog

O Mind! Meditate on Radha's Breasts

Swami Vishwananda's Bhakti Marga and Parampara

Erotic sculptures on Jagannath temple